Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving "Thoughts"

It all starts with us just giving a thought. Thinking. Thanks is just a thought away, but how often do we truly stop and think about how blessed and how rich we truly are?

(1 Thessalonians 5:18) In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

(Psalms 147:1) Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant and praise is becoming.


May the days ahead bring moments of pause. May we realize the time is right for us to give thanks and to offer praise unto our God. I am grateful for the family that God has so richly blessed me with, and the opportunities I have to see life with them daily. I am thankful for the friends that God brings into my life to challenge me, build me, and encourage me. I am so blessed to have a purpose in my life and to be in this vocation to which God has called me. I am thankful for those in my church that I get the great opportunity to share my worship with and God's precious Word. I am a blessed man!

My prayer is that we might not be that generation that is thankless and ungrateful. I pray that we would truly give a thought to our thanks. Think about what you have to be thankful for and praise the One from whom all blessings flow.

(Ephesians 3:20, 21) Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

He does more than we can even imagine. He is more than we can imagine. So, in those things of life that we actually do observe let us then not be remiss to thank Him, and as well, for the things beyond our comprehension. Give thanks! Think about it. Give thought to a thankful heart and a thankful word.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the great thought to ponder today. I am so blessed to have you and the boys in my life. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband and father. I love you!